LPSB Administrative Assistant Employment Advertisement – February 2, 2022
The London Police Services Board (LPSB/Board) guides the direction of policing in London. The LPSB approves the hiring and termination of London Police Service (LPS/Service) employees, guides the creation of business plans and monitors their progress, recruits and appoints the Chief and Deputy Chiefs of Police, determines the objectives and priorities of LPS and participates in the collective bargaining process with the London Police Association.
The LPSB is seeking an Administrative Assistant to complement their busy team. This is a permanent full-time position (40 hours per week).
This is not your average Administrative Assistant job. You will work with wide-ranging and interesting tasks, initiatives and people, both internally and externally. The role offers opportunity for personal and professional growth, the ability to contribute to the work of the Board and the Service and to make a positive difference in your community in today’s ever-evolving world of policing and police governance. This role is busy, varied, challenging, fascinating and rewarding.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for a variety of administrative support functions, reporting to the Board Administrator, in planning, completing and monitoring the functions and activities associated with fulfilling the Board’s statutory responsibilities. Some of these functions include:
- Scheduling and coordinating events, meetings and travel for the Board
- Attending Board meetings, Special Meetings, Hearings and events and taking meeting minutes
- Preparing and posting Board materials
- Preparing and processing purchase requisitions, invoices and expense claims
- Monitoring monthly expenditures
- Maintaining up-to-date electronic and hard-copy filing systems
- Developing and maintaining a general knowledge of relevant sections of the Police Services Act, Freedom of Information legislation, Board Policies/By-laws, London Police Service General Orders, London Police Service sworn and civilian collective agreements, and other legislation and current issues which govern or affect policing
- Skillful manager of multiple, concurrent priorities in a fast paced environment
- Results-driven, self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Research and analysis expertise
- Sound professional and personal judgment
- Political and business acumen
- Ability to consistently maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Comfortable establishing and maintaining positive working relationships among multiple stakeholders
- Capacity to work independently and with the team successfully
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AODA remediation and social media savvy
- Strong keyboarding skills (minimum 60 wpm)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an administrative role within an executive environment
- College or university education preferred
Hours of Employment: Monday to Friday (40 hours per week) with occasional evening and weekend work
Compensation Range: $55,000 – $65,000 dependent on knowledge, skills and experience
Application Instructions: LPSB is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome and celebrate exceptional applicants who are diverse, representative of our community and who will bring lived experience to the role. If you are drawn to and see yourself excelling in this role, submit your résumé and supporting documentation in one complete PDF document to Jennifer Foster, Administrator – LPSB at email@example.com by Friday February 25, 2022 highlighting your skills and qualifications. We thank all applicants for their interest, however will be contacting only those identified to progress in the recruitment process.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.