Employer: The Corporation of the City Of Brantford Engineering Services
Temporary Project Manager Capital Development (up to 2 years)
Job ID# 1450
Reporting to the Manager of Facilities Capital Development, the Temporary Project Manager Capital Development will support the delivery of large scale capital projects, in this instance the Brantford Police Services Headquarters Redevelopment project. Responsibilities will include receiving, reviewing and administration of all project related correspondence; distribution of relative correspondence to other City stakeholders and project Consultants and Construction Managers involved; making timely decisions and providing prompt actions to requests and/or receiving action on decisions when higher authority approval is required; adhering to project timelines, schedules and budgets; providing regular update reports and urgent reports to City Council or the Police Services Board; project sequence and cost tracking; progress payment processing and grant funded claims submissions.
• Completion of an accredited engineering degree program or a minimum three (3) year accredited architectural, building construction management, project management or facility management program
• Minimum of five (5) construction management experience
• Previous work experience in a municipal environment and have demonstrated experience with Police Services new build/renovation projects or combined equivalent of experience, training and knowledge of building construction, mechanical, electrical, structural and architectural systems and knowledge of sustainable energy management strategies is preferred
• Having a Professional Engineer designation or good standing membership in OACETT or equivalent is an asset
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset
• Excellent communication and administrative skills
• Be assertive and confident, with the ability to provide excellent customer service and the ability to work on multiple issues simultaneously in team environments are a must
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and AutoCAD as well as some experience with Project Management systems with a strong focus on financial analysis and economic justification are required
• Candidates will have a general knowledge of codes and legislation related to building construction technology as well as excellent organizational and time management skills
• A valid Ontario driver’s license in good standing is required
WAGE/SALARY RANGE: $43.51 to $54.99 per hour (based on 35 hours a week) plus benefits.
To apply online, please visit the City of Brantford website at https://careers.brantford.ca/ and click on Current Opportunities.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, March 3, 2022, at 4:30 p.m.
Information gathered relative to this position will only be used for candidate selection.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.