2020 SPRING CONFERENCE CANCELLATION
OAPSB values the safety and well-being of our members and stakeholders above all else. The COVID-19 pandemic is showing no signs of slowing down in the near future, and with the conference only 9 weeks away, the OAPSB Board of Directors as opted to cancel the 2020 Spring Conference, and conduct the Annual General Meeting virtually.
We believe this is the prudent course of action, in everyone’s best interests. It also means that we fall short of our annual funding goals, while experiencing some sunk costs related to conference preparations thus far, as well as new costs setting up a virtual AGM. Accordingly, we would appreciate any financial assistance you can provide in the form of sponsoring the virtual AGM.
In the coming weeks:
- the website will be updated regarding this event cancellation
- registered delegates will be reimbursed their conference registration fees in full
- registered delegates will be encouraged to cancel their conference hotel reservations
- staff will contact sponsors regarding their pledges
- information regarding virtual nominations to the next Board of Directors will be promulgated
- instructions regarding the virtual AGM 2020 will be developed and promulgated
Additionally, please be advised that Chair Phil Huck and Director Robin Doobay have departed the OAPSB Board of Directors, as a result of expiring provincial appointments. The OAPSB Board of Directors has selected Patrick Weaver as its Chair until the first Board meeting after the (virtual) AGM.
Thank you for your understanding and your continued support to OAPSB and public safety.
Please share with your boards. Additional information regarding refunds will be circulated starting April 1, 2020. Thanks for your patience.
Please stay healthy.
Patrick Weaver, Chair
Fred Kaustinen, Executive Director
Please call the host hotel and release your reservations as quickly as possible.
Are now available for our members and corporate partners.
Click here for your package:
- Corporate Partners (for businesses and suppliers interested in partnership)
- Member Partners (for member organizations able to support the conference with additional funding)