As per the by-law, there are 3 Section 10-specific Directors on the OAPSB Board of Directors, representing each of:
- Zones 1 and 1A (OPP Contract North)
- Zones 2 and 3 (OPP Contract S-E)
- Zones 4, 5 and 6 (OPP Contract S-W)
- Candidates for Director must be a member of a Board in good standing in the current year, and located within and in the zone to be presented. The candidate need not be present at the time of voting, provided they have provided in writing their consent to stand for election in prior to the voting date.
- Directors that have already served a combined total of 12 years or more on the OAPSB Board of Directors are not eligible to further serve as a Director on the Board.
- As police board members expected to exercise good judgement at all times, nominees are expected to understand and self-enforce these Director-eligibility criteria.
- Section 10 nominees, like other OAPSB Board of Director nominees, are subject to confirmation by the membership present at the AGM.