May 6 – 7, 2021 (EDT) | Virtual Conference
The Canadian Institute’s 12th Annual Law of Policing Virtual Conference, Eastern Canada Edition takes place on May 6 – 7, 2021 – Canada’s must attend event for in-house police counsel and professional standards officers!
This year’s event will take an in depth look at some of the social movements that are demanding change in policing services, and the legal liability challenges that will arise from adapting to change. Take part in discussions on the most pressing issues affecting law enforcement professional standards in Canada.
NEW SESSIONS FOR 2021 include:
• Live Q&A National Roundtable on Police Service Act Reform: Hear from Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta
• Analyzing Models for Partnering with Health Care Authorities: Compare Edmonton and Oregon police models
• Ensuring a Consistent Response when using De-Escalation and Use of Force Techniques: Gain control and de-escalation tactics
• Measuring Personal and Organizational Liability in Duty of Care Investigations: Defining the legal obligation of a person or organization
• Mitigating Liability on an Officer’s Personal Social Media Platform: What you can and can’t do, even off-duty
View the Full Agenda and List of Distinguished Speakers and Register Today! SAVE 10% with OAPSB Code: D10-363-363KX03
Email: [email protected]